Scientific and efficient portfolios.
Our investment philosophy is based on proven research from leading academics such as Markowitz, Sharpe, Malkiel, and Bogle. We refer to it as the evolution of investing and utilise the most efficient and time tested investments to help you meet your goals.
Here is an overview of the principles behind our philosophy:
- Efficiency – taxes and charges taken out of your portfolio are not providing a return in your portfolio
- Asset Allocation – the biggest driver of portfolio variance in the long run is asset allocation, not stock picking or market timing.
- Diversification – a well diversified portfolio will provide smoother returns over time and create a better efficient frontier
- Tax – contrary to what other investment managers tell you (or worse, don’t tell you), tax matters if you are an American living in the UK
- Risk management – managing risk is more important than chasing returns – you need to keep what you’ve earned
- Goals – assets need to conform to your goals, not the other way around.
Our CIO, Kristopher, is always happy to discuss and explain the Tanager Investment Philosophy.
Contact us on +44 (00 20 7871 8440 or email us at contact@TanagerWealth.com for more information.
HOW WE HELP
Adding value to US/UK individuals and families with a carefully tailored financial plan to help you understand and reach your life goals
Our intelligently constructed portfolios are designed for US expats and other US taxpayers. We consider asset location, investment structure and underlying costs when constructing US/UK tax efficient portfolios
BIRD’S EYE VIEW
A portfolio review service for US investors living in the UK. A Bird’s Eye View report will review the structure, risk profile, investments and costs in your existing US portfolio
Philanthropy runs deep in our clients. From occasional gifts to regular contributions Tanager can work closely with your legal and tax advisors to help facilitate gifting between the UK and the USA